Which is Better among Flush Doors and Moulded Doors?
Doors are elementary to the beauty as well as safety of a house. Apart from the privacy and safety factor, they also add to the space luxurious accessories that enhance the aesthetic appeal. There are several types of doors available in the market but when it comes to doors for homes and office spaces, flush or moulded doors are desirable for their looks and sturdiness. Both equally adorn the entrances of homes and offices and create a long lasting impression. However, there are some distinguishing factors we need to look at, before making a choice.
It's very important to look at the composition of the doors before selecting the right choice of doors else you might just end with an odd element in your interiors, so what is the composition of flush, moulded doors?
· These doors have flat surfaces on both sides usually made out of plywood, clasped onto a wooden framework, interstitially filled with compact solid wood fillers. The surfaces are then enhanced with veneer or laminate finishing. There are different types of flush door in India.
· These are usually manufactured in factories.
· These panel doors have vertical stiles and horizontal rails. They come in variations of panels- 2-panel, 3-panel, 4-panel, etc.
· These are made out of wood, fibreglass, etc, however, wood is a more popular choice.
· Panel doors
have on-site manufacturing.
If planned properly the grace of your doors can add up to the aesthetics of your place very effectively. You can easily paint and polish over the doors in contrast with your interiors or choose from a variety of doors with beautiful laminates and boost up the appeal of your living/working space.
· They are a lightweight alternative to wooden counterparts.They can be made to look as elegant as wood with the help of veneers which are thin layers of natural wood stuck together and are glued onto the flat surface commonly made of plywood.
· Laminates are also available in a wider range of colours and designs and can be put onto the surface of the plywood to finish the doors.
· Moulded panel doors are a popular option because of the appealing looks and aesthetics.
· They are available in multi-panel variations like 3-panel, 4-panel, 6-panel. CenturyDoors offers 3-panel Oval design to impart a vintage-contemporary look to the doors.
· Primered or white coloured doors allow easy
painting and polishing as per the room
Strength & Durability:
While focusing on the aesthetics it’s very important to keep in mind the strength and durability of the product as well. There are a lot of products in the market that might look very fascinating but they are the epitome of “not all that glitters is gold”, but with CenturyDoors strength, durability and the aesthetics all go hand in hand, how?
· Quality is the determining factor for the longevity of the doors. Therefore, good quality flush doors should be employed for long-lasting utility.
· If made out of poor quality plywood, the strength of the flush doors could also be significantly reduced, affecting its looks and performance in the long run.
· Moulded panel doors can have a long life if only the quality is not compromised.
· Moulded doors are
made with stiles and rails which give it the strength it’s known to have
· Quality and
maintenance have a huge role to play when it comes to the strength and
longevity of panelled doors as they are made out of natural wood.
Flush doors by CenturyDoors require lesser effort in maintenance than moulded panel doors as they are easier to clean and come with stain and borer resistant qualities. They also don't require frequent refinishing. They are also more affordable and easier to install. However, Moulded doors are more durable and strong. They also have a stronger screw-holding capacity which makes them unmatchable in terms of durability and strength. Finally, owing to their variations in colours and shades, both the doors add charm and liveliness to any gateway.
Add your comments